Saturday, August 2, 2008

End of Summer

I hope everyone has been finding places to dance this summer. I recently lost my dance partner to another woman (ouch), so I haven't danced very much. Just now getting back on the dance floor at singles' dances, but the 2 closest ones (Fridays at the Muncie Moose and Sundays at the Anderson Elks) were both cancelled!! Another ouch. That means I usually have to travel and hour or more to get somewhere to dance. (It doesn't do me any good to wander into a regular dance, as everyone comes with partners.) I don't expect (nor do I really want) to find a romantic relationship at a singles' dance (it is somewhat like a bar - yuck), but I do need to dance. (Many of the men will say something like, "I've been coming here for 4 years -- or 7 years" -- etc... not a good sign!)
I'm looking forward to classes beginning in a month. At least I get to help people improve their lives and relationships with dance!!!

No comments: